9 Specific Uses for the Moringa Tree to Improve Health
Uses of Moringa Tree.
Moringa Oleifera is a rapidly developing tree in south Asia and today found throughout the tropics. Its leaves have been used within traditional medicine for many years. The Ayurvedic system of medicine associates it as a remedy for 300 diseases.
Some of the diseases Moringa had been very effective are:
Moringa heals high blood pressure. Moringa contains huge amounts of Niacin, Vitamins B3 and B10, Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin E, all these help to maintain and increase the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide increases proper blood circulation and opens up arteries and veins where blood does not flow properly.
- Moringa powder or Moringa oil can work wonders for people who are complaining about fatigue, aching muscles and low levels of energy. Simply take Moringa capsules and get rid of tiredness. The brand “Royal Life Essentials” – Organic Moringa Capsules and Powder offers the best overall quality and value for the price.
- Patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis can also benefit immensely from Nature's Moringa extracts. Moringa extracts act as natural antioxidant and prevent free radicals from amassing in the blood stream. This helps increase the body immunity as well as physical energy.
Hypertensive patients may take the seeds of Moringa. It is good natural medicine also for asthma, hiccups and as diuretic. The seeds can be mashed into powdered forms or roasted and applied in affected areas where rheumatism occurred.
- For ulcers and sores, a decoction (Decoction is a method of extraction by boiling of dissolved chemicals from herbal or plant material, which may include stems, roots, bark and rhizomes) of Moringa roots will surely help. You can use it by washing the sores and ulcers with the decoction in warm water. On the other hand, the bark can be decocted and can be used to relieve restlessness and promote excitement.
- The Malunggay (Moringa) leaves and fruits are good for relieving constipation. Mixing it with your chicken or fish broth will make it taste good more than spinach.
- Moringa leaves contain large amounts of two compounds called isothiocyanates (the chemical group, formed by substituting the oxygen in the isocyanate group with sulfur) and glucosinolates (Theglucosinolates are natural components of many pungent plants such as Moringa, mustard, etc. The pungency of those plants is due to oils produced from glucosinolates when the plant material is chewed, cut etc); beneficial in treating ovarian cancer by killing off cancer cells and preventing them from reproducing.
- The antioxidant properties of Moringa can slow or even prevent some of the complications associated with AIDS. At the 14th International AIDS Conference in Barcelona, Spain, a recommendation was made that Moringa should be used in treating AIDS and HIV since it is a powerful immune system builder.
- Moringa leaves can be used in treating digestive tract disorders like gastric ulcers. Ayurvedic practitioners have been treating ulcers and other digestive disorders with Moringa leaves for centuries.
Moringa referred to as the "wonder tree sometimes," "drumstick tree," or "horseradish tree," has small, curved leaves that are filled with an unbelievable amount of diet: protein, calcium mineral, and beta carotene, supplement C, potassium... you name it. No wonder it has been used medicinally (as a food source) for at least 4,000 years.